Matthew 10:7-8

"And as you go, preach, saying, 'The kingdom of heaven is at hand.' Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out demons. Freely you have received, freely give."

Saturday, September 11, 2010

THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS IN REMEMBERING 911

It is shortly after midnight as I write to you. It is now September 11th. The lump in my throat will not leave and I have found myself weeping. I remember where I was and the horror and pain that we all felt. If you are a fellow American let us not forget. Please do not let the memory of 911 ever grow faint in your heart. May we bless the memory of the victims and pray for their families. May we honor every rescue unit and all personnel that was on the scene that immediate day and the ones who arrived in the days to follow. Don't forget what happened on that jet that crashed in Pennsylvania and the attack on the Pentagon in Washington, D.C.

Last week about 45 percent of the page views of this blog were from outside of the United States. I'm so glad you are here if you are one from another country. Many of you from around the world have also felt the pain of terrorism and other tragedies. I pray for you and your country as well and each week I try to highlight a different country on this blog. God so desires to bless your nation. Pray that one by one people in your land will turn entirely to Him. It is the only way that God will be able to really bless like He wants to. For today, though, I would ask you to honor our time of remembering in the United States. If you are a brother or sister in Christ, please pray for us. Many of us have aching hearts as we remember this day. We all need to find strength in Him and bond together under His banner of truth, grace and freedom, no matter where we live.

Friends in the United States, let us never forget! Let us never take America for granted. So many have died to keep us free. The only way for us to remain that way and to have God bless us like He wants to is to stay on our knees praying before Him. I'm not saying it is wrong to stand up for causes, or to write letters to congressman when something upsets us, but that is not going to turn this nation back around. Prayer ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS is the key. Prayer always has to come first. So many forget that.

I love this land. I love the United States. Father, God, would you extend your hand of healing and comfort to us this day? We need You!

In Jesus' Name

1 comment:

  1. Amen Mark, I will always remember where I was and the shock, disbelief, and confusion that myself and all my co workers were feeling. And then the heartache and tears...they still come all these years later when I think of all those that fell that day. I wonder of there last minutes alone...The utter sadness of that day...thanks for sharing.
    Ginger

    ReplyDelete