Matthew 10:7-8

"And as you go, preach, saying, 'The kingdom of heaven is at hand.' Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out demons. Freely you have received, freely give."

Sunday, August 29, 2010

The Reason Behind the Blog

It is fairly late at night as I come here to simply say hello to you. I want you to know that you are the reason that this blog exists. You and God actually, because I discovered that this is a way that I can further honor and glorify Him in my life. God has also given me a heart that has a love for people that just seems to keep growing deeper and deeper. I want you to know that I am honored that you read this blog and do not take lightly that God holds me accountable to speak to you in truth and love. It is amazing that even though I can't see you right now how I sense this incredible connection with you and feel compelled to pray for you often.

Last night my wife and I went to what turned out to be an incredible night of worship at a church close to us, Gateway Church in Ashtabula, Ohio. As I was experiencing the incredible presence and explosive power of our Lord, I found myself praying intensely for the individuals who come by here from time to time. I asked God to show me all kinds of situations and scenarios in the many different lives that are represented, so that my prayers would be effective. God loves you with an everlasting love no matter where you are in relationship to Him. I especially want to bless and encourage any who would be facing a dark time in your life. Do not ever give up. God is with you. Sometimes it may not seem like it, but He will get you through this time. You are well worth His love and you matter not only to Him, but to me. Just make sure you never let go of God. I think about the story of when Jacob wrestled with the Lord and how he said, "I will not let you go unless you bless me." (Genesis 32: 26) May your determination be just as strong to never let go of the Lord when you need darkness to turn into light. SELAH

Tell me, do you know Jesus? I believe that many of us do. He is the light of the world, shows us the way to the Father and is the one who desires to one day bring us into life eternal. Even the toughest man on earth is no comparison to Him. Not even Chuck Norris! In fact with what I know about Chuck Norris he would tell you Jesus is the greatest man who ever lived, God's beloved Son and the only Savior that this world can count on. He is the way, the truth and the life. So often we are reminded of the images of Jesus being beaten, bloodied and the brutal death that He died on that cross for you and me and it is right that we should remember. You and I deserved death. Instead He gave us life. There is another side of Jesus that I want us to be reminded of, though. It is the one of a glorious king. A king that will one day cause this entire world to shake at His appearing. We've all seen scenes from movies, or have pictures in our minds as to what a great kingdom and a glorious king look like. As fantastic as that scene in your mind may be right now, it isn't even a fraction of the glory of King Jesus and the fullness of His kingdom.

One other thing I want to say right now. Together, you and I, the ones behind this blog, WILL become a force in this world. We will take our cities by storm in the name of Christ. We belong to the King, we are His ambassadors and together we will present His love and light into the darkest places. People that never even give God a thought will suddenly say, "I want what they have. I need what they have." Let's bring peace and healing to the people around us. Together, we can even take it to the nations!

Oh, taste and see that the Lord is good!!!!

All For Jesus,
Mark S.

No comments:

Post a Comment