Matthew 10:7-8

"And as you go, preach, saying, 'The kingdom of heaven is at hand.' Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out demons. Freely you have received, freely give."

Saturday, September 1, 2012

TRUSTED FRIEND

"A man who has friends must himself be friendly, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother."  Proverbs 18:24

Some time ago I was at a night of worship.  I remember the worship leader saying something like, "Tonight ask God to say something to you that you've never heard Him say before."  That struck something inside of me and I really began to seek God on that.  As I allowed myself to get lost in worship I suddenly heard two words very clearly: 

TRUSTED FRIEND.

It was a very sweet moment for me as the Lord was telling me that He was my Trusted Friend no matter what.  This is something that we all already know, but to hear it directly from the Lord just cemented this more firmly in me than ever before.   As happens so often when the Lord reveals something to me, there have been times when He has nudged me to pass it on.   More than once I've been reminded by the Holy Spirit to tell someone, "Jesus wants me to remind you right now that He is your trusted friend."  I found out later, especially in one instance that the person I spoke that to has had serious trust issues all through her adult life.  That is such a God moment.

I have found ways to remind myself of those two words at home and at work.  I'll be doing something and all of the sudden I will be reminded of the words trusted friend.  God is so wise.  It's been months since I heard those words being spoken to me, but it is in the present when I call on them more than ever.  Twice before God has asked me to completely alter what I was doing in life.  Twice I have been obedient.  Twice the blessings of that obedience have been incredible.  Several months ago  I remember driving down Interstate 90 and nearing our Madison exit when I heard, "Get ready for what is next."  I told Kay that evening that God was up to something new, so we needed to keep our eyes open.  While jobs or our lifestyle hasn't had any major changes like the first two times, God is sending us on a path to where obedience is being tested in a more difficult and different way than even before.  While at times it is indeed difficult and very lonely for us both, we know that with obedience to God, great things are waiting down the road. That's a constant that I've discovered with God.  That and also that Jesus is a "TRUSTED FRIEND."

The reason that I was supposed to tell you about this today is for two reasons.  There is going to be a season of life coming to where God is going to ask you to be obedient in a way that He's never asked before.  Only you will know when that time comes.   I don't understand why you need to hear this now, but it's important that you do.  Maybe for you that time is right now.  Seasons change, people change, friendships and relationships change, but one thing will always remain unchanged......................

                                                 Jesus is a TRUSTED FRIEND!

The second thing that God wants you to take away from this today.........................

                                                Obedience to God brings GREAT REWARD!

For His glory,
Mark S.





                                             








No comments:

Post a Comment