Matthew 10:7-8

"And as you go, preach, saying, 'The kingdom of heaven is at hand.' Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out demons. Freely you have received, freely give."

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

MY HEARTBEAT

I'm just kind of writing from my heart today. No real topic or agenda. Just my heartbeat, the pulse behind this blog. Sometimes I go back and read some of the things that I've written and like anything else in life there are times when I think, "I didn't do a very good job with that." A few times I have thought, "That was a dud," but yet there are many other times when I think, "God, you helped me nail that one. That one was right on the mark." (Pun intended with a smile.) Please know this about me though. I don't write just to write. I don't write just to get blog hits. Of course it's nice to see how God is using this blog and of course it's nice to see it being read in so many places, even dark places around the world, but if that ever becomes my focus.......I better close it down right then and there.

Close to a year and a half ago I had someone send me some words of encouragement. It was way before this blog started and way before we really knew each other. Since then we have become friends, and I am most glad for that. I was on the verge of making some very tough decisions that I knew could have a major impact on us as a family in various ways, but especially financially. At the same time I knew that I had to run after God no matter the cost. Willing even to lose home, car and the stability of my life. If you think those are only nice sounding words to impress you, please reconsider your thoughts. I've experienced the cost, but now I am also reaping the rewards of obedience.

In February 2010 I had gone by myself to North Carolina. Even though I stayed with friends, I needed to spend as much time alone with God as I could. While there, on the morning of February 28th, this is what was sent to me:

"I saw you standing in a clearing with your arms raised to the sky, it was sunny and warm as you smiled upwards. The sun shone so brightly....then I saw you turn and wave them forward....lets go!!!! Lets Go!!! I heard you say....then I saw heads turning amongst a large crowd and the way they were traveling was stopped and they turned your direction. They still seemed dazed and confused but they turned.....they turned!! He needs us to reach the mutlitudes...that is what I heard said....reach the multitudes.
Multitudes, multitudes in the valley of decision! Joel 3:14"


Even though I did not know her real well at the time, I knew in my heart that Dawn was someone I could trust. You just know when you share a kindred spirit with someone and when their deepest desire is to find more of God and to please Him. Those words helped me to know I was on the right path, no matter what anybody else would think about me. I know that I haven't fully stepped into the destiny of those words. I do know I am very close. I also firmly believe that God gave me the idea for this blog as a tool, as kind of a prelude to that destiny. You see, I love God. I love His Word and I love everything about Him. I even love it when He tenderly corrects and convicts me when I say or do something wrong. It will only make me a better person and a more complete disciple of Jesus. And then I share my heart with you, because I love people and I love you. It doesn't matter if we have ever met or not. My dreams, my visions, my experience. I do this because I believe that God has entrusted me to help others to dream bigger, to live more passionately and to abandon all for God. That is when we will truly make a difference. That is when we will experience God and His mysteries in ways that we only dreamed of before.

I believe what I write; what I share. But I also believe that you should treat everything I write with prayer and discernment. I strive to have the mind of Christ, but I am also very aware that I function as a man, still covered with flesh. But I do firmly believe the things that I say and that they are Holy Spirit inspired, so it is with that conviction that I want to say to you:

IT IS TIME TO PUSH............HARDER; WITH MORE INTENSITY PURSUING GOD. Play time is over. Being a worldly Christian is no longer an option. God has grown weary of too many people living like that. The world is out of time. I want to be aware of God's presence and direction every hour of every day. I encourage you to desire that also. The reward for those who will do this is simply amazing. In doing this we will get to know the heart of God so well that we will just act on things in the same manner that the great apostles did. When Peter and John were asked by the lame man for alms, Peter didn't have to stop and pray and ask God what to do. He had captured the heart of God. He shared the heart of Jesus. He REACTED immediately. He KNEW what to do. He began with, "Look at us." If you don't know the rest of the story you can read it yourself in Acts chapter 3. The world is in need right now of people who will act and react without thinking. Doing only what the Father would do. Being just like Jesus.

Move in this direction......become like this and I promise you......
The greatest chapters of your life story will have only begun to unfold, no matter how
young or how old you are.

If you are already there.....keep going strong........be more determined than ever...
There is much more yet to come, because the time has come.

See you soon then,
Mark S.

No comments:

Post a Comment